McLaren Health Plan PCP Connection Medical Management Update March 2019
The Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) is an industry standard survey tool required by the National Committee for Quality assurance (NCQA) to evaluate and improve patient satisfaction.
The CAHPS® survey was recently distributed to a random sample of McLaren Health Plan (MHP) members. Please encourage your patients who have received the CAHPS® survey to participate.
Listed below are a few topics addressed in the survey regarding patient care:
- Getting needed care
- Getting care quickly
- How well the doctors communicate
When we work together to ensure a positive patient experience, there may be many important benefits to your practice:
- Increased patient retention
- Increased compliance with clinical recommendations
- Improved overall health outcomes
- Preventive care needs addressed timely
- Reduced no show rates