Letters & Labels Available for Medication Adherence Quality Measures
Adherence to medications is associated with improved health outcomes in multiple chronic diseases. However, on average, 50% of medications for chronic conditions are not taken as prescribed, resulting in poor clinical outcomes. A recent study found that among adults enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan with prescription coverage, a single mailed letter significantly improved medication adherence by 24.1% in a non-adherent population that could not be reached previously by telephone.
OSP is committed to improving the health of our members. As such, we have added the functionality to download pre-populated member letters and labels for patients who are “Not Met” for the various medication adherence quality measures.
To download letters and labels to mail to your patients:
- Log into www.ospdocs.com
- Click on the Quality tab
- Select the medication adherence measures:Statin Therapy for Cardiovascular Disease – 80% Adherence
- Statin Therapy for Diabetes – 80% Adherence
- Medication Adherence for Diabetes Medication (Proportion of Days Covered)
- Medication Adherence for Cholesterol Medication (Proportion of Days Covered)
- Medication Adherence for Hypertension Medication (Proportion of Days Covered)
- Request a Report
- Check the boxes for Letters and Labels and Submit Request