Molina Has Tele-Health Options for Members
Molina encourages members to first seek care with their established physicians in person or through telehealth, but we also understand the challenges that may arise due to COVID-19. As such, Molina has contracted with Teladoc for all lines of business. Teladoc is a virtual urgent care group that members can seek services from should there be a time when their routine physician is not available to provide care. Members needing Teladoc services can access information through Molina Customer Service at the number on their ID card or the Molina website. This is an additional option that you can refer Molina members to utilize if the need arises.
Some additional tips:
- Telehealth professional claims require the GT modifier to be billed per MDHHS, see MSA 20-13.
- The GT modifier is used to indicate a service was rendered via synchronous telecommunication.
- The TS modifier can also be utilized, but only for face to face consultation.
- Telehealth professional claims also require place of service 02 to be billed alongside the GT modifier.
- POS 02 validates that the service is indeed for telehealth, without this place of service code, claims cannot be properly processed.
- Telehealth policies apply to Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, FQHCs, RHCs,
- Indian Health Service Clinics, and Behavioral Health practitioners accepted by Medicaid or Medicare, respectively.
- Documentation should follow normal guidelines established and described in the CPT-Manual.