Oakland Southfield Physicians (OSP) is actively working with our physicians to prepare for certification in Physician Recognition Programs.
The NCQA - National Committee for Quality Assurance has developed a set of standards and performance measures which physician practices must meet for certification. Many health plans and employers reward physicians who meet the standards.
BCBSM through the Physician Group Incentive Program (PGIP) has taken a leadership role in the State of Michigan around PCMH. BCBSM explains the PCMH model as an approach that yields both better health care and lower costs; with centralized, comprehensive primary care that cultivates partnerships between patients, their personal physicians and the patient's family.
Some of the current BCBSM PCMH initiatives are:
- Patient-doctor partnership
- Patient registry
- Performance reporting
- Individual care management
- Extended access
- Test tracking and follow-up
- Specialist referral tracking and follow-up
- Increase electronic health technology
- Preventive service tracking and follow-up
- Community linkages
- Patient self-management
- Secure patient portal
- Comprehensive care coordination