Blue Cross Complete Has a New Prior Authorization Form Effective October 1, 2021
Blue Cross Complete is introducing automation in their faxed prior authorization process through optimal character recognition technology.
For optimal processing, Blue Cross Complete encourages all providers to submit prior authorization requests via Jiva. Providers can access Jiva through NaviNet Plan Central page.
If providers need to submit a prior authorization request via fax, please follow the tips below. Adopting these practices will help ensure authorization requests are processed quickly and accurately.
- Be sure you are using the most recent version of the Blue Cross Complete prior authorization form, updated for use with OCR technology. The updated form is attached and will be available online at mibluecrosscomplete.com on the provider resources page under the administrative tab by Wednesday, August 25, 2021.
- Please type and don’t hand write information. Handwritten requests can lead to unnecessary delays in processing.
- If you must fill out the form by hand, please print neatly with adequate spacing between letters. Don’t use cursive.
- Keep information within the assigned borders of the form. Don’t overlap values into multiple fields or extend values beyond the field borders, as this could result in delayed processing.
- Submit only one member prior authorization request per fax. If more than one member is submitted in a single fax request, the request will be returned as unprocessed.