Blue Cross Complete to Implement New “Connecting Our Members to Premier Ancillary Services and Specialists” COMPASS Program
Blue Cross Complete’s, mission is to help people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. To help achieve this mission, they are committed to providing members access to effective, efficient and quality services. The Blue Cross Complete COMPASS program supports these objectives.
- This program, which is voluntary for primary care providers and specialists, strives to increase member access to high-performing specialists by:
- Twice per year, calculating the quality and efficiency of specialists’ performance based upon established and objective quality and efficiency performance measures
- Using that information to rank specialists in our provider network by a defined set of episode categories
- Assigning a score to in-network specialist providers who meet the minimum number of episodes to participate in the program based on their ranked performance against their peers
- Sharing the scores of providers who are participating in the program with primary care providers (and specialists) in the form of a Referral Guide for each episode category, broken down by provider specialty and hospital referral region
Click here to read the full article from Blue Cross Complete.