Blue Cross Blue Shield and Blue Care Network Resources For Requesting Access to Health e-Blue and Provider Secured Services/web-DENIS
The Blues hope you’ll use this information to educate your practice about what you need to do to request access to Health e-Blue tool through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) and Blue Care Network’s (BCN) new provider portal, Availity Essentials.
- Health e-Blue access requests: Add payer assigned provider identifiers: This is a step-by-step guide with screenshots to help practices update the payer assigned provider identifier field. The correct PO and IH (MCG) numbers must be included for the access request to be approved.
- Payer assigned provider identifiers: This is a list of PO and IH (MCG) numbers you can use to look up the appropriate numbers for your organization. Please include your numbers when you forward the first attachment to your practices.
- Frequently asked questions from Health e-Blue provisioning webinar: This is a list of questions and answers from the June 14 webinar on requesting access to Health e-Blue.
Deadlines and processing time
Processing time for Health e-Blue access requests is currently two to three weeks. The Blues know there is concern about losing access to this important tool even briefly. Thus, they have extended the last day for accessing Provider Secured Services, including web-DENIS. June 21, 2022, is not the last day to access this website, as originally announced.
- Health e-Blue provisioning in Availity – View this recording if you were unable to attend the webinar about requesting access to Health e-Blue on Tuesday, June 14, or wish to review the information.
- Written instructions are available at: Availity-administrators: Set up Health e-Blue tools within Availity.
- Direct questions to HEBapplications@bcbsm.com or call 248-486-2308.