Staying on Track with Health Goals During the Holidays
The holidays bring excitement and joy while also increasing stress and making health goals harder to maintain. Focusing on balance and moderation can help keep health in mind while also enjoying the holidays. Below are some tips for success at holiday gatherings without feeling deprived:
- Bring a healthy dish to share to ensure there will be at least one healthy option
- Do not sit or stand near the buffet to reduce visual temptation of continued snacking
- Add non-starchy vegetables to the plate first before adding other foods
- Choose one dessert that will be most satisfying and stick to one serving of that dessert
- Leave leftovers behind to help get back on track after gathering
Use this link to access a patient handout outlining these tips and more!