National Nutrition Month 2023: Fuel for the Future
March is National Nutrition Month. To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of this campaign, the 2023 National Nutrition Month theme is “Fuel for the Future”. The focus of this year’s theme is increasing sustainable eating practices to nourish the body and protect the environment.
Quick Tips to increase sustainability and improve health:
- Increase consumption of plant-based meals and snacks
- Buy foods that are in season and shop locally
- Look at what you already have on-hand before purchasing more
- Use a grocery list and shop sales when purchasing food
- Find creative ways to use leftovers instead of throwing them away
Click here for more information on National Nutrition Month, free resources for your patients, and how to get involved.