Blue Cross Complete of Michigan Announce Low-cost Program for Chronic Kidney Disease and End Stage Kidney Disease Patients
Blue Cross Complete of Michigan (BCC) is working with Somatus, a value-based kidney care organization to offer an integrated care delivery program to support eligible members with or at risk of developing chronic kidney disease or end stage kidney disease. This program is designed to help improve BCC members’ quality measures and clinical outcomes.
The Somatus program will provide BCC members with a personal support team of health professionals (e.g., doctors, nurses, clinical pharmacists,) to help manage their kidney disease and actively follow your treatment plan. The program will be part of all eligible members’ coverage and is available at no extra cost.
The Somatus team will support your patients through:
- One-on-one care to help manage their kidney disease and comorbidities and address social determinants of health.
- Personal health coaching that is based on their condition, treatment options, and diet.
- Assistance to transition safely from hospital to home.
- Guidance exploring transplant options, if appropriate.
- A 24/7 Somatus Care Hotline: 1-855-851-8354, ext. 9
A Somatus representative will contact you to schedule an onsite visit to review the program. The representative can also share your patient list with you during the onsite visit. Click here to view Somatus Healthy Living Program Frequently Asked Questions.